a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): My thoughts for the day...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

My thoughts for the day...

What happened in Church today was a real shocker. I mean it’s not those unpleasant shocks but something which one would never hear of or anticipated. Also, what happened do open up my eyes to see what kind of person I am respecting in Church.

In a nutshell, whatever Pastor informed the Church about, he has certainly raised up the standards and my respect of him. I salute him COMPLETELY!

After service, I did not really join my cell group for dinner or other fellowship stuffs. One thing that I felt about the cell is that I feel like I’m distancing myself from the cell group. I’m glad that people like Rickson rose up in cell. I was worried for a moment about the cell for good reasons but now, I see that God has made it all well.

In any case, I’m really glad as HaoJun is back to join us for service. After a period of time, he’s finally back. I do pray with all my heart that the sermon which Rev Robb Thomson preached did make an impact upon his life. Same goes for Makus, Alvin and various others who are either new in Church or are irregulars.

One thing for sure, that the entire event did impact me!

I do not know what’s happening to me. I feel like I’m so unstable. One moment, I’m like feeling so close to God and the next, I feel that I’m no longer filled with the joy of the Lord.

I remembered once so ever clearly that Alan (who was my Bible School classmate but is now a leader) once told me that he could sense the joy of the Lord in me. Even the people in my previous workplace in cartel told me that they would feel happy when they see me or are with me. However, right now, I doubt I have that presence at all. I’ve lost it all.

I seriously need to “revamp” my life. I need a change. I need someone to come and help me and guide me badly. I do not want to fall back to my previous lifestyle. I WANT to advance on with God.

Even during the pre-service prayer meeting, when Pastor told the congregation to pray with one another, I did not have that concentration/ anointing or flow. I prayed like I’m new to prayer. Something is seriously wrong somewhere. Something is amiss! I need the Presence of God once again in my life.

I remember so ever clearly during my bible school days that I experienced God so much. He was so real and so faithful to me. I know He never changes. Whatever I am reflecting on this blog, is what He wants me to say to myself. He wants me to remind myself what I’ve said during Bible school days as well as what He’s seen me through…

I need that passion, that fire, that FIRST LOVE for God once again. I desperately need the Presence of God in my life once again. How I want to write songs to sing of His love, His wonderfulness, His Faithfulness etc… I want Him like never before…

After service, I went on to meet Philip, Jane, Leon, YuPing and Jessy at Chinatown for Salsa. Yes, I DO LIKE Salsa but it seems so difficult to me. Anyway, when I was there, I kept thinking about God. How am I to get back the Presence of God, where did I fall and what was preached by Rev Robb.

I did not really enjoy myself but kept thinking about God… God, how am I to get back that relationship which I’ve spoilt? How am I to draw near to You? I mean, I drew myself away and did not come back. Yes, I did say that I’ll praise You regardless of the situations I am in… Is this a test for me? Is this blog a prophecy of myself, for this year; a time of testing and molding?

Oh Lord God, I come before You in Jesus’ name, just as I am a sinner and a backslider. I know I have sinned against You and have hurt You.

Lord I ask that You forgive me of my sins, iniquities and transgressions. I have been foolish and have not been spending time with You. Today, I ask that You come into my life once again.

Lord God, I give my commitment to You again, on this altar I stand. Lord, come into my life once again. Fill me with Your Joy, Hope and Your Precious Love once again.

Holy Spirit, I have done things which grieved You and have done You injustice! Forgive me of my foolishness. Come and fill me once again. Teach me the ways of God and draw me closer to God everyday.

One thing I ask, is that Your Presence will never leave me nor forsake me.

So Father Lord God, come fill me once again with Your Holy Spirit. Take me deeper in love with You. Let me be on fire for You once AGAIN. I want to love You MORE each day.

I thank You, for I know, You’ve heard the desire and prayers of Your Child. Lord Jesus, I thank You! I know You’ve interceded on behalf of me to Father God even before I asked.

I thank You and I love You. Praise be Your Holy Name. Blessed are Your people. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, Amen!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com