a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Breakthrough!

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Breakthrough!

Wow! I’m so excited! I’ve finally got my breakthrough!!!

It’s like this. I’ve been working in a Professional fundraiser since I’ve left Philips Electronics. It was about on the 10th that I started work in this line. Seriously, it’s not an easy job to go around asking people for donations.

In the midst of these, I find it a joy! I’ve not let money be the source of my strength but God. Although, I’m not really feeling well as I’m down with slight cough, I am still glad!

Oh yes, before I proceed on further with the events that happened today, I’ve something interesting yet puzzling but really ironic, that happened to me on Tuesday night…

Instead of going out with Alexus (she cancelled the movie outing with me), I went out with Jasmine to watch “Deuce Bigalow” at Bishan. When we bought our ticket, something happened. Something which… Many who hears this… will surely faint OR get stumbled by the entire incident…

The ticket salesgirl actually asked the both of us to show our identifications!!! It’s a M18 show and for goodness sake, of all people, me? Gosh!!! *faint*

That is really the ultimate! It’s really hilarious to both Jasmine and me. We are all more than 18 but yet… Come on man… Do I really look that young? Do I? I know I do not look like 27+ OR turning 28 but, below 20? It is impossible, right? Come on… Don’t get me hurt… Please!

Anyway, back to what happened today…

God is really faithful. Although I did not get much of donations compared to the rest of the people in the group, I was glad that God did provide for me and helped me when I needed His help the most.

When I reached office earlier in the morning, Chris told me that if I do not get anyone donating, I’d need to stop with what I am doing and leave the company. Carolyn and Jane did not give up on me. Although the Chris Tan and Jeremy gave up on me, both Carolyn and Jane did not.

The best thing which I found out about both Chris Tan and Jeremy is this. Both of them are the ones who just talk the talk. They talk about wanting to help me but they just company me till the time is up. However, what the girls did really impressed me, especially Jane. Whenever I get someone to stop by to listen to me talk, she would come and assist me. She’s unlike Jeremy, who will come by, talk to the donor and then take that donor as if he stopped the person. Jane and Carolyn did open up my eyes. I really thank God that I did not listen much to both Chris Tan and Jeremy. If not, I’d have not have seen both sides of the coins.
Both Jeremy and Chris Tan did talk about helping me out etc but it was the girls who did the help most of the time. However, the most help given to me was none other than God, Himself. He is really awesome! I’m glad that I was also able to preach to both Jane and Carolyn. I do hope and look forward that they will be influenced by me.

Also, I have another thing to “report” here. The “cold-war” which I had with my dad is over! Yay! I’m so glad that its all over. Just as I expected it to be, my mum came and talk to me about how my dad felt and it was my dad who tried to talk to me. I’m happy not because I won but because I know that my dad loves me very much.

God is really GOOD. I’m saying these not because I have had the breakthroughs but because He is indeed GOOD. REGARDLESS of the things He’s done in my life, I’ll still praise His Holy Name for He is a GOOD GOD!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com