a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Dumbfounded

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Dumbfounded

What a joy and pleasure to be found by God. I’m serious about this joy, although it’s not a bed full of roses (In fact, it’s actually a bed of thorns) but I am beginning to love this life of being a Christian. (I’m not a sadist)

On Tuesday 19/09/05, I manage to meet up with a long known friend, Jane. I met her, with her boyfriend and friends for dinner. Actually, I did not want to meet up as I was feeling rather grouchy and kind of tired but while waiting, I met Raymond (Church guitarist) and one of my SOT classmate (Indonesian student).

Before meeting up with them, I was rather feeling angry and feeling very strange in a way but I do not know why. Maybe, I need to settle something about myself. A “unknown” self of my own which I need to deal with very soon.

Nevertheless, I met up with Jane, Leon, Jessy, YuPing, Philip and James for Madagascar, at Padang area. It was an experience for me to attend an “open space movie”. It felt rather romantic… I was wondering if I’d be able to go with my girlfriend in future. (Though I don’t have any now)

I was glad to be able to get to know YuPing, Jane. Leon, Philip, Leon and James… of course, not leaving Jun Yi out, who joined us for tea after our “movie”. I do enjoy their company but I do hope that I would be able to reach out to them effectively, if God’s willing.

Anyway, it’s always good to have friends who care for me. I am not saying that my cell group members do not care about me but I guess I’d need some friends whom I can relate to and are around my age. I do love my cell group members though and not forgetting my ex-cell group members who are all over the zone as well as Church.

Oh yes, I’d like to say that I am glad to be able to share my life over here with you. This is because, by sharing, I’m in a way relating myself with you as well as to let you know that being a Christian does not mean that I have to be a fake me but to be a real person as well as to be Godly as well. Being Christian does not mean that I am perfect. In fact, being Christian means that I am weak and I know that I need God. Same goes for everyone. All of us have a longing to know our maker and our purpose to which why we are here for. I’m glad that people who read my blog were blessed by what was written about my life.

I may not be a good writer but I would really want to share as much as what I’ve experienced to those who are interested because there are values which I want to convey. That with my strength, I am not able to be where I am and will never be who I am.

I’ve recently written a poem/ song. I hope that this poem/ song (cause I’d very much want to turn it into a song) will be a blessing to you. Ponder what I’ve written and know who God is…

From the beginning of daybreak
Till the evening breaks
I will choose to place all my misery
Under the feet of my Majesty

How great are You Lord
How awesome is my God
Who can give this Grace
Only when I seek His face

Amazing grace, He's given
Not of my own works
That I am forgiven
But I found favour in His eyes

Amazing love, He's made known
Not through my Righteousness
But by the manifold mercy He’s shown
That I am saved through His faithfulness


Poem by Calvin Chung Sept 2005

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com