a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): You're amazing~~~ Never changing!~~~

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Monday, September 19, 2005

You're amazing~~~ Never changing!~~~

After the reshuffling in cell group, I’m over-seeing about 6 people. Of these 6 people, only Ron is active in the cell group. JingJie is now no longer under me but I am determined to help him in his walk in God!

Alright, yes I am not walking very uprightly in God but unlike the past couple of days, I am better now. I do hope to get out of this trap I am in and get back on track. I feel so behind God now.

I am really amazed! There are more than 2330 hits on my blog! Who am I that I could get this amount of people clicking onto my blog, reading about me? I mean, I am just an ordinary guy, doing my best to serve God as well as to share my experiences with the people around me. I do hope that those who read my entries will NOT condemn me but would be encouraged or even encourage me when I am down.

I forgot if I did share these but someone from Malaysia wrote an email to me. Sharing with me the condition of her brother who contracted cancer and doctors told her family that her brother had only six months to live. That’s real bad news!!! However, the good news is that, that news was not really new as it has been a couple of years back when the doctors told her family that news! Glory to God that her brother is still alive!

Anyway, after she read about the things God is doing in my life over here, she wrote to me, asking me to pray for her brother to get well as he was admitted to the hospital and his condition got worse than before. After reading her mail, I felt so much that I went to pray and to intercede for her brother.

Just last one or two weeks, she wrote to me, telling me that her brother is now discharged from the hospital and she thanked me for the prayers I’ve prayed. I’m really honored but I really want her to know that it’s not by my prayers that he got better. It was God who helped and God who healed her brother. Also, her prayers made a difference when she prayed. The place of agreement is a place of power!

I’m really glad about these but what excites me and keeps me moving on is that God still loves me. Yes, even though I fell but God is there to help and guide me though it all. If it’s not for God’s presence and His love towards me, I’d not be here any more.

I’m so silly as to have made a prayer when I felt so discouraged. I was discouraged as I am not going to be a cell group guitarist. I felt it was important for me to move on in future but I was wrong. God did not see me as a guitarist. He sees me as someone else. JingJie encouraged me about it and I am glad that he was there when I was down too.

Anyway, the prayer was like a kid talking to God. I prayed “God, if I am never in Your plans, let me go. However, if I am still in Your plans, do heal me of my poor eyesight and grant me perfect eyesight.” (Of course, God would want me to have good health and good eyesight but He's not going to answer my stupid question)

It was a SILLY and STUPID prayer, right? God never answer silly questions! If I am never in the plans of God, I’d never be chosen to be in His Church or even go through Bible school at all! What am I thinking? DUH!

Ok, after sharing so much, I’ve got to go to my main point of my sharing here. I thought that the group of six which I am taking over is going to fail because Rodney and Karen are the few who seldom turns up for cell group as well as service. However, God had something in store for me.

In both last weekend and this week’s services, Rodney turned up and brought Wendy along. This week, Rodney turned up again and I am really happy! Not only that, Rodney brought along 3 other friends as well. Now, the group which I am taking charge directly, have increased from one active to about 6 active! Although it’s still early to count the eggs but I am really glad and happy that my group is growing.

NOT ONLY THAT!!! There is also a breakthrough in service this weekend! A total of 18 members attended our own service. Out of the 18 of us, four were new friends, 1 of them (seldom came to join us in service and cell group) and above these, 16 of us STAYED BACK all the way until we took the Church bus home together. It’s something which I HAVE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT! Rodney and Karen used to leave earlier than before, stayed back to fellowship with the cell group. As a result of these, I felt that I needed to do something. I spoke to a Ron and Rickson and decided to have a prayer meeting this coming Wednesday, 21st September 2005. I’m elated to the core about this. The next thing to rejoice about is that when Ron and I asked Rodney if he wants to join us for prayer meeting, he agreed and willingly let us use his place.

I do pray for a breakthrough in that and Rodney will feel more welcomed in the cell group than before. Also, Rodney will want to join cell group this coming friday, which is located near our home, Serangoon North!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com