a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): It's not GOOD... It's FANTASTIC!!!

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's not GOOD... It's FANTASTIC!!!

It's been another seven to eight days or so that I've not blogged. I know there are some who are on the look out of what I'm into or what had happened to me.

Here I am, back to my blog. First and foremost, this seven to eight days have been the most exciting and fun days of my life yet...

Actually, for the past couple of days, I went on a journey of faith. It was really interesting and an experience which I'll never forget...

After the previous blog, the windows of heaven opened up for me. I went on an interview with both Lyn and Cynthia, from Manpower services. In the end, Cynthia helped me get an interview with DHL, scheduled on 13th May (Friday the 13th) Then, I received a call from a public listed company and was offered to be interviewed on the 12th May.

I know all these did not happen in a coincidence. In fact, this was the time when Rev Phil came to Church to bring a Word of season into my life. This was the conference which changed my life and my destiny in the future to come too.

It was also in this conference, Rev Phil laid hands on me, I gave my best offering. Even till now, I'm still rather shocked at the total amount given during eight session/ services I attended. Out of the eight services, I gave a total of seven offerings unto God. This was the most percious offerings I had given to God thus far.

God never short change those who loves Him. He's never early nor late. He's always there for us. Fact of the matter was this. Initially, I though the interview with the public listed company was a diaster. I thought I had made a mess out of the interview and they will never call me up anymore. On the other hand, the interview with DHL was the one which I had the most confidence. I thought I would have the job over there...

Honestly, whenever I go for each interview, I would pray before I get interviewed and would commit the entire interview to God after the interview. I am really desperate to get a job and to start earning a living.

On the 17th May, the public listed company's personnel called me up and inform me that I am short-listed for a second interview. This company showed me that they are very effecient and do work when they get to the office. Systematic, is what I would term it...

Shortly in the afternoon, I received a call from Manpower services that I am shortlisted by DHL for a second interview. I tell you, my moral was really high and I was rejoicing with JOY!!! Praising God and was also praying that I would get either one of the jobs. Especially, with DHL.

Both of the companies scheduled me for an interview on the same day, 18th May. Thank God that one is in the late morning while the other was in the evening.

When I was on my way to DHL, I was prayed till I reached the place. I was actually half and hour early for the interview. Moral was high and I was rather confident that I would get the job. Regardless I get the job or not, I thanked God that I was short-listed for both jobs! Not forgetting that I don't even have a local diploma, except that which is of Interior Design and Theology. These diploma, is never relevant to the jobs offered. That alone is a miracle!

I would like to tell everyone here that I was offered the job with DHL but the truth was that I stumbled upon some questions. Also, they were very concerned about my ability to work with them etc... So, yes, I did not get the job at all...

With this news, I was greatly demoralised. I felt the entire world crumbling down. In fact, I did not even want to go for the second interview at all.

I got back home at about 2.30pm and started to worship God and pray. I really did not know what's wrong. I thought everything was going on fine but why is this happening... I did not understand at all. I really did not... I was kind of devasted by the first failure...

Time flew past... 3.30pm approachs as my 4pm appointment with the public listed company drew near. I did what King David did. To ask God if He will give me success. If He will give me success, I'll go. If not, I'll not go...

While I was praying, I did not know what came over me. Time was running out and I went out of house in a hurry. I got a cab down to the company and was slightly earlier than expected.

Soon, the greatest fear came. Fear of failing the second time. I prayed and confessed the word of God. About fifteen minutes later, the Managing Director of the company turned up to meet me. (Before that, the two interviewers who interviewed me last week congratulated me and told me that the Managing Director is a very nice lady. I was feeling very nervous at that time too.)

I spent quite sometime... It seems to be like 30- 40 minutes with the Managing Director in the interviewing room. She asked alot of questions etc... I felt I did not answer well... After the interview, I thought she would tell me the same thing as what the manager of DHL would have told me, "We'll take you into consideration and will call you once we have considered". Instead, she told me, "Wait outside for awhile while I get the HR personnel to talk to you".

My first reaction was... "Am I hired or what? Why talk to the HR personnel again? Am I to go through the interview again?"

Moments later, Mylene (One of the interviewer) turned up and congratulated me. I was really surprised and really glad that I am hired!

Moral of the Story:
When things do not turn up the way that you expect, God will make a way. Even when the Children of Israel came to a dead end with the leading of Moses, God made a way. Indeed, God's way are HIGHER than our ways, His thoughts to our thoughts.

I now understand and know the reason God moved in my heart into giving. God do not need my money at all. What He wants is my attitude, trust and obedience to His words. I really am GRATEFUL unto God!!!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home