a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Thoughts... strings of events...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Thoughts... strings of events...

It's sunday! Yes, time for cell group. I really wonder how many would turn up today in cell... I met up with Ron and Rickson before we left for Derrick's place. JingJie unable to turn up due to parental objections. Something interesting here...

Sometime back, JingJie told me about what his mum told him after he came to Church. I've realized something which is very interesting and I realized that the evil one is really not one who is creative! I've found a certain pattern in satan's attack on those who are Christians.

First, he would think that those who goes to Church are just going for a moment. However, when the person frequents the Church more often, his kingom will be under threat. He would begin to use the family members of the church-goer to say this:

1. Ever since you've been to Church, I've been constantly having nightmares/ falling sick.
2. It's because you've been going to Church so often, see, there's no peace at home. There's conflict between our god and Jesus. Stop going to Church.

These are some of the few excuses/ most common stuffs I've heard of or have personally encountered with. After that, the Church goer will get to choose. Either to choose God or to choose to listen to their parents. If they begin to obey God more than their parents, they will use parents to set pressure upon the church goer with this:

1. If you go Church during weekends, I'd disown you
2. You are grounded! You are not allowed to go anyway on weekends.
3. I'm deducting your pocket money from today on. This is to prevent you from giving to the Church and prevent you from going out.

If he/she is able to overcome these, the evil one will use try ways and means to get the Church-goer to get distracted with a girl/ guy whom they will fall in love with. Normally, this person will be one who will be a non-Christian. Who will entice you to get away from the Church or "challenge" the Christian of temptations with the person whom they love. If the other party is a Christian, the other party will mostly be one who is not so changed in life. Always wanting to go out with you so as to distract your studies. At the end, you'll lose commitment to God as well as to your studies.

You'll also lose focus on reading the bible/ praying. More problems will begin to surface up. Things like family problems/ BGR problems/ financial problems/ studies/ work problems. Then the person will find that being a Chrsitian is really difficult.

Then, there's other attacks as well. Either your family members will get into accidents/ fall sick/ go to a medium/ ask for divinations, so as to convience the family members that it's because this person goes to Church, that's why things happen. If the person stop going, then these will end. What evil thoughts of the evil one!

If all these fails, the evil one will begin to attack on the person's personal life. He will go all out to challenge the person's value/ integrity etc... Causing the person to feel condemned. He will also use the person's self-image, integrity etc to make the person lose focus on God and Church. He will also cause the person to find faults with the Church members/ leaders/ Church system. He will also throw more temptations/ challenges/ failures (mostly your past failure) to cause the Church-goer/ Christian to loose faith in God.

These are some of the many things I've either experienced or found in common. However, I realized something. That God understands and have promised ALL Christians that trials/ persecutions/ problems will never cease. Being Christian does not mean that we will have a life, bed of roses. However, we are to trust in God for He have already overcomed everything that had happened and is to come. We are to rejoice instead when these things do happen for Satan realized that we are being serious with God and that we are also a DANGER to the kingdom of darkness.

See, what vices/ traps will the evil one use/ do to get us out of God's will? Anyway, cell group was great. Although there are about 16 of us, only 3 of them are girls. This is a rare sight in my Church. I believe that the cell group, N20 and W332 are special because majority of us are guys instead of ladies. I believe that God is going to raise up great guys from these two cell group!

Anyway, after cell group, we had our usual fellowship. I was glad that Alex came to join us after his holiday to China. It's was good to have such a brother. Although he is new to cell and Church, its alright. I believe God can use me to mould him, to make him a better man.

The relationship between me and Derrick is getting better. At least we now talk and joked. It's a little strange when we spoke but I know, this will change for the better. A cell with unity will only GROW from STRENTH TO STRENGTH, GLORY TO GLORY!

After cell, we moved on to Orchard. Sister Gillian, Derrick, Ron, Rickson, QiuPing and myself went to town as we have different agenda to be there. We spent another 40mins together on the bus and it was a good time to fellowship with one another.

When we reached Orchard, Derrick had to go to work. So, the rest of us went off to Takashimaya and we window shopping. Sister Gillian went to look at some baby's bed and baby stuffs while the rest of us, head on to HMV.

After Rickson was done with the shopping for CDs for Bryan, we head down to City Hall where we met up with ChangChin.

Meeting with yet another... Kevin
It seems that the name, Calvin/ Kevin/ Kelvin is a very common name. Anyway, those who are called by this name are all different from each other though they might be of the same gender. Alright... Enough of crapping.

He tried to introduce me some insurance policy and plans but too bad. My finances were in a little doubt. As a result, I had to reject him for the time being.

Guitar Class
Well, I am glad to be back in the guitar class. Not that I am doing very well in playing guitar but rather, its because I want to learn more. There are alot of things which I am not good at. I want to be a better guitarist.

After guitar class, I met up with Philip. I met him up at HMV's Marche. Actually, I was rather hungry but I do not have enough. Therefore, I did not get any food but stayed on to talk to him to hear him out in his problems. I hope to really sow something into his life where he will really benefit and be changed for a better person.

It's been a tiring day. I really do not feel like going to work. It's not because I dislike working. Bible says that if I am not able to provide for my very own family, I am WORSE off than a non-believer. Now, that's the real reason why I was so fed up with myself and my situations...

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home