a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Blessings to trouble...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Blessings to trouble...

This ought to be the last day of the course with Sy Rogers, however, I did not turn up for any of the session at all. What a waste! I shouldn't have spent that much of time with Cheryl earlier on and as a result of that, I did not turn up for the course.

About 2pm, I left home to "tradistic" to redeem my lappy. I am so excited and happy that I'd be having my lappy back but one problem I face is that, what do I want my lappy for? I'm not een using it and it seems to be a waste right now.

Good thing was that I still have some money with me. If I were to break to my dad that I ought to pay $80 for the reinstallation and repair fee, he'd jump at me.

When I got my lappy back, I was really satisfied and glad that it's now in working condition and that they have changed the casing of my lappy without my request. If I were to bring my lappy down to Acer, they would have charged me more than that. In fact, I did asked if they were to change the casing of my entire lappy, it would cost me at least more than a hundred dollars. I really am grateful to God for the fact that I got it for FREE!!!

After getting my lappy, Kay called up and wanted to meet up with me initially. As I was on my way down to get my phone repaired, we did not meet up at all.

Kay's a nice malay lady in her mid 30s I suppose. I got to know her through IRC and have now known her for about a year or so. She's friendly and she's married. Good to have friends who show concern and care for me...

I visited Kelvin Teng at his shop to get my phone repaired. It's been a long time since I last met Kelvin around early last year. Anyway, I am glad that he did repair my phone for me. This time, he did not get me to sell my phone off to him or charge me at funny prices. In fact, I really thank God for him. This was because he repaired my phone for free though my phone's datas were gone due to software corruption which hinders the phone from even starting up.

It was about 8pm when I reached home. When I reached home, I heard my dad complaining and my sister sowing discord between me and my dad. I really cannot understand why are they like that. It's simply beyond my understanding. Why should a family backstab each other rather than encouraging one another? Is it so hard to encourage one another? Or am I living in a fantasy world? Is it too much to ask for my family members to even support me when I am just starting out to work?

The worst disappointment was towards my dad. He's my dad and I'm his eldest son whom he dotes upon. Why should he feel so negative towards me? Why is he not even supportive when I said my aunt cut my pay and I want a change of job because with the pay I receive from working for them, I'd never survive!

Now he's saying something which will make you laugh! He's saying I'm unable to support myself etc... My own younger sister, my very sibling... told me to support myself and stop living off my parents. She is right to say that I ought to support my parents and not leech them but she forgot the fact that I am just starting out in my job and this is my very first full time job! My very first month too! Why are they coming on so hard on me?

Funny that the very same dad, who told me that having low pay is alright is asking me to depend on myself. How can I, when I do not even have a single cent even in my bank? Is this family, I'm living in, always so money-minded? If so, I'd really want to leave this family and move on to other place, never to be contacted by them at all.

Don't get me wrong. I do not hate them but I am really disappointed in them. Why must they do this to me? Why can't they be a little more patient? Don't my parents understand me? I've longed wanted to support my parents eight years ago. However, due to national service and studies, I was not able to do what I wanted to do. I thought that now, I'm working at my grandfather's factory, I can at least have some cash to live on, to support not only myself, my parents but also to pay off my debts owned to insurance company. I really am very hurt and disappointed...

Is there anyone who can identify with me? Is there anyone who can understand what I am going through? I want to leave the factory for another job... I really do but I've started not long... God, lead me the path and show me Your way..

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home