a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): First day back at work...Grandfather's love

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

First day back at work...Grandfather's love

First day at work! How was it? Ehhh… I’ll leave you in suspense for now. Actually, I did not really have enough rest. Maybe it’s due to anxiety and due to the fact that I am a little unwilling to get back to work. =X
Guess I’m not given any choice. I need to get back to work. The thought of wanting to get to Israel this year have not left my mind and I would want to do my best to save up in order to get to Israel.

Ah Heng came and picked me up as usual for work. After he knew I had my own breakfast, he did not drive me to the canteen for me to get some coffee. However, it’s alright. I can go through it all with god’s help.

First day at work was alright I guess. Initially, I was rather lost and began reading my bible and read the daily devotion. I prayed silently as my entire family members were not Christians. Not that I am ashamed but I just did not want them to think that I am crazy or what.

Grandfather:
Well, I really thank God that I am working under my grandfather. I always did not have much contact with my grandfather as he seems like a very stern person. Besides, base on what my mum told me about her past and about grandfather, he seem to give me an impression that he’s unfriendly. Another reason was that my dialect’s not that good. Especially when I hear my grandfather speak in Hokkien, it’s like I am lost. It’s not due to the fact that I don’t understand hokkien but he’s hokkien is very traditional. He came from China…

Back to my story…
During lunchtime, I managed to talk a little with grandfather. He was concerned about my ankle and asked. He told me to take off my shoes and put on his slippers. I mean, yes that’s concern but I felt sense of love from him. Something I never experienced, from him, before. This was because of the barrier of language and lack of communication/ contact. However, after this “encounter” with him, I am glad that I am able to fellowship with him and also show him care.

My grandfather has three sons. The eldest is now paralyzed since he had a fall and things crushed on him two years back. On the first year he was paralyzed, I managed to persuade my aunt to let someone pray for him. I wanted but I did not have the courage to do so. In the end, I managed to get Pastor Aries to go with me to visit my uncle and pray for him. Right now, though he’s still bounded on the wheelchair and have some problems with his nerves, I am not going to give up.

Two weeks later, on the 11th March to 13th March, Rev Benny Hinn will be coming to my Church and we’ll be having service at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. I want to invite my uncle down for the healing service but I lack faith. I need God’s help. I really do. All I know is that if my uncle gets healed, I have this gut feeling that my entire household will be saved because of his healing. However, I have this doubt within me too. I thought I heard an eerie voice saying “what if he’s healed and he goes and give glory unto the heathen gods? Then things will get worse!

I need to hear from God and get wisdom from God. I really pray, with all my heart and soul that my uncle will get saved and be HEALED in Jesus’ name.

After work, I left for tuition with Calvin again. When I got home, I was really dead tired… Strange thing is that.. When I got home, though I was tired, I did not get enough rest when I hit home. Instead, I went to hunt for some food and prayed for awhile…

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

1Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger A said…

    Dun stress urself up... Take care of urself...

    Btw, Pastor Benny Hinn's conference is on 11-12 March not Feb... Pls take note on it on ur blog entry...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home