a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Last cell... Multiplication... Happiness and sadness

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Last cell... Multiplication... Happiness and sadness

Woke up rather late, as I couldn’t really rest well. Anyway, I woke up at 7am to watch cartoons and after watching it, I went back to bed.

When I woke up the second time, it was about 5pm. Am supposed to go for appreciation dinner and meet them at 5:15pm at Clementi MRT station but I couldn’t make it on time. As a result of my slackness, I got to rush through all my stuffs and prepare to go down to meet the rest of my cell group members at the clubhouse.

After reaching the place, I gave QiWei a call and well, he directed me the wrong way. Almost fell for it. He did not misled me nor did I get the wrong information. It’s just that we were new to that place. Though my ankle felt painful, I am glad that I did not flare up that easily.

Thank God that He led me to the correct place. When I reached there, almost everyone was there except Sister Gillian, Faith and a couple of people. Tired calling Alex but was not able to reach him. Ron, JingJie and the rest of the members were busy preparing for the party and thus, I did not get to talk much with them. John Salim managed to come back on time to join us for the last combine cell group.

Derek, Eugene and ChangChin were busy setting up the projector, sound system and cameras. It looked so professional and it seems that I am in a theatre or something like that. It felt rather good though. Soon, the time struck 6pm and the caterer arrived in the nick of time. I was then able to set up the tables and arrange some of the furniture for the party.

Time flew… Events after events… Clips of video after video, awards after awards, performance after performance passed by. I felt time flew so fast and so many things happened in such a short time.

It was since 2002 July that I first joined my current cell group and the cell’s been barren since February 2000. It has never multiplied but people in the cell changed. Most of them either backslide or have gone to another church. The entire cell went through five years of barrenness and I really thank God that we have finally multiplied!

Though most of them looked happy and were smiling away, deep within each individual’s heart, they were weeping. Especially those who have been in the cell group since day one, they cried… While those not so new, did not weep as they did not develop much feelings with the members of the cell group.

Towards the end of the gathering cum party, we watched a video, painstakingly produced by Derek, Eugene and those unsung heroes, most of us cried. The entire moment seems to have sink deep down within my heart and I know that this will not be the last time this cell group grows. There is tremendous potential in the cell to grow bigger. However this last gathering will be “recorded” and remembered by me as part of the event, which really touched me. Looking at friends like ChengHao, Alex, Kenneth and the various brothers whom I was once close with in the cell going to another group, I know this relationship with these great brothers will not end with the cell group.

I do really pray from the very bottom of my heart that none of these brothers and sisters who went to W322 will not backslide nor will their heart grow cold. I do really pray that they would grow on much more on fire for God and do things that will glorify His name. Besides that, I do pray that the relationship with these brothers and sisters will grow stronger and stronger as time goes by…

As we went home, I sense another sense of anxiety from those in the youth cell (the one, which I’m in). This is due to the announcing of the G.C.E O level results that’s to be announced tomorrow… I pray that these beloved ones will get the results they desire in their hearts.

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home