a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Family Gathering

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Family Gathering

Ahhh... It's been a long time... Let me see... Since the death of my Grandmother (My Dad's Mum) that my relatives came to my place for visit. Let's see, since around 1997 I guess. (That's if I had not remembered wrongly) Relationship between them drifted and I don't feel as close to them at all.

Had a late night last night with Jasmine... Anyway, back to today's "story'...

Yup... I sort of disliked the idea of them coming over to my place and making those noises... IE: Playing mahjong and shouting and screaming at one another when they did not win etc... Well, that was several yeas back... I'm not sure what was to happen. But reflecting on the sermon preached by Pastor, I guess I got to let go of somethings and let God handle it. I am in no position to judge anyone too. To error is human...

The time came... 5:30pm, that everyone from my dad's side came. Hmm.. ok, not all but most of them. It's been so long since I last saw my favourite cousin and well, did wanted to see how he is going on. However, he sort of like lost the trust I once had in him. That's been years ago. Awww... Lets see how things progresses.

Was kind of surprised and felt uneasy when he came and talked to me. For a summary, he no longer became the most favourite cousin I once liked but just a normal cousin to me. Could see from my dad's eyes and expression that this was the day he was looking forward too. The noise and the joy etc... I am so glad for my dad. Though I know there are troubles within his heart but he's now overjoyed for the fact that everyone's getting along with one another. Seems like the prodigal son Jesus nce talked about but the difference is the people and the richesness. Haha...

Anyway, the perspective towards my aunties, uncles and cousins changed and I am no longer negative towards them. I do look forward to having a closer relationship with them so that I can one day also lead them to Christ. I am grateful towards God for the fact that though they meant it for evil, but God meant it good for me. I'm glad for this verse as though it's been years since I last saw my cousins but I can that God is behind these so that they would no longer despise my family members and me. Comparing what my cousins are doing, though the things I am doing are not as great but the fact that only 4 out of 20 of us are diploma holders. I'm glad to say my younger sister and myself are two of those who are diploma holders. Hehe... I'm a double diploma holder... Diploma in Theology and Diploma in Interior Design & Decorative Technics.

Not being proud or whatever but seriously, I thank God for helping me gain what I have today. Without Him, I'd not know where would I have been.

Back to my "story" lol... I always side track for awhile... Please pardon me.

While my dad was playing mahjong with my aunties, my younger brother, playing UNO with my little cousin and aunt, I slipped out of the house to meet up with Mag. Went to catch "I do I Do". A local production. The show contains meaning but... Kind of let me down... Maybe I expected too much of it...

After the show, Mag and I were the last few who left the theatre. However, when we left, Mag left her hangbag in the theatre. Sigh... Glad that most of her belongings were intact but only one were lost... Her handphone. Felt sad for her... Sigh... I don't know who took it but God knows. He will not let the person off for free...

One thing about Mag is that she's nice and petitte but.. I find her a little naggy but fun to be with... Heehee...

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home