a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Courage to witness... Demoralized... Frustrated...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Courage to witness... Demoralized... Frustrated...

Finally, I have the opportunity and courage to speak to my uncle. I had a good time speaking to him and witnessing to him, telling him about the signs and wonders God are doing even in our very own generations. However, his heart is closed though he did “listen” to me.

Well, I can only persist and keep on asking. I am not asking him to convert but to go attend the Healing Crusade taking place this weekend.

The delivery man came back late and thus; I was not able to get back home as early as before. I am frustrated with the fact that I am unable to draw a drawing properly and encountered some difficulty in drawing it.

Well, I guess working for our very own family members does have its short comings. Due to the fact that I am working for five days a week, my aunt told me that instead of getting paid $1.3k per month, she offered to pay me $40 per working day. Only when I am working, will I be paid.

This came in like a shock, a very unpleasant “surprise” for me. Before she broke this news to me, I was planning how to pay back my debts. Including the one JingJie helped paid for my guitar. I called up most of the debtors but all I can say is that it’s all in vain.

I felt like wanting to quit there and then but I chose to talk to my mum first before any actions. I know I am no longer young but I still want to let them know what’s going on before quitting the job.

When I told my mum and dad about it, instead of agreeing that I ought to find another job, they scolded me instead. For what? Well, for saying that the pay’s low. I mean if I were to work for a month. I am paid $40 per day, I can only work 20 days per month which sums up the gross pay to be S$800 per month. That’s EXCLUDING CPF!

What am I going to live on? This is real atrocious! Even IF I am paid about S$1.3 per month, after CPF, I’d be left with about a thousand. I will still have problems as I also want to plan for other future events in my life. For example, to get a wife, house or even car. What am I going survive on? How am I going to find a wife when I am not even earning much? How am I going to support my family members? (Namely my parents) and if I were to be married, what about kids/ studies/ food/ transportations/ bills etc…?

After reaching home, I saw some newspaper advertisements and something took my attention… A petrol station is paying S$1.6k for someone to wash a car! Man, I might as well go there and wash cars. Talk about skills… This is too much! I am super under-paid.

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home