a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Back to Choir

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Back to Choir

It's been some time since I last sang for choir. Today, is my first day back in choir. I remembered that after I admit what I'm weak in, I submit to God, after that, I ought to keep on living on and keep serving Him.

Today is actually the anniversary day when I received Christ into my heart. I remembered very clearly what happened and how I was moved to receive Christ. I'm grateful and glad that I've made that decision.

The entire drama production was wonderful. Whenever I watch the scene when Jesus was doing so much good and helping people, to the scene when He was betrayed and tortured, something within me starts to cry out. I still have that urge to want to rush down to stop them and help Jesus but I can't. It's afterall, a drama. I wonder how will I act if I were to be there, two thousand years ago. Will I still do the same thing?

Pastor shared on why Jesus stayed on the cross to give up His life despite the fact that He could have ordered/ called upon the host of angels to come and help Him. I realized that what was said about the bible is true. Jesus is both man and God. He gave up His divine glory to come down to earth, to identify Himself with us, redeem us, show us who God is and also, to let us know of His unconditional love He had for us.

Pastor also shared the story on how a missionary couple, who was in Korea, met with their adopted son. How the adopted son's natural mother died while trying to give him life. I heard that story two years ago. Nevertheless, it touches my heart and God reveled something to me...

The story:
The korean mother was on the run when Korea was in war. She was running from the war but was carrying the baby. On that very day when she ran, the baby was due to be birthed. She had no choice but to stop and, as there was a war, she had no one, to help her. Therefore, she hid under the bridge and gave birth to the baby boy.

It was a freezing day when she gave birth to the baby. To prevent the baby from dying after giving birth to him, she undressed herself until there was totally not a single piece of clothing on her. She's not crazy, she used her clothes to cloth the new-born baby so that he will not die. As a result of this, she frozed to death while protecting her baby.

No one ordered her to do so. She did it willingly. She did it out of her love, so that even if she dies, the baby would have the chance to survive. This love was also showed when Jesus, the Son of God, came and gave His life for us.

When I heard this, I was touched and understood why Jesus came and died for us. This love, so great, yet, there are people who rejects it, renounced it and even left God, bitter. God is a good God. He will give us what He wants. He will give us things which are good for us, not give us bad stuffs. I really wonder...

Lucifer was once an archangel of God. He was banished from heaven as he lead a rebellion and a third of the angels followed after him. I did wonder why did he do that and why would he reject such a wonderful God. When I was watching the entire drama, I saw something. Lucifer became bitter and hated God. He did not want humans to know God because he was punished of his rebellion. If a son is naughty, will the father punish or scold the son? If the father does not love the son, he will just ignore the son and let him be.

God loves everyone and anyone. He does not want us to get hurt. The devil is a bitter, angry and silly devil. He devises plots to get people to believe that God will forgive those who are in difficult situations. He lies, cheat and steal. Whatever seems right, is not of God. What is right is from God. A half truth is a lie.

Story of Slavery:
There was a time when Africians were made slaves. South America was a place where they buy and sell salves. Of course, there are no such things now. However, there was a time when they really did that.

A married couple was captured and placed to be on sale as salve. This couple begged and begged that the person who placed them on sale, to be sold together but they refused. They seperated them. Before they were sold, they hugged together and refused to let go but was forced apart.

One day, a very rich man came to town to look at the salves and saw them. He paid everything that he brought for his journey for that couple and took them home. When he reached home, he tore the title deed of them couple in front of them. It shocked the couple.

The rich man told the couple that they are free to go and he do not want to be their salves. However, they did not want to leave and go back to their country. This is because the chances of them getting caught again is very high and that they might NEVER get this chance anymore. To have met with a good man. So, they requested to work for the rich man until they died.

I began to see something from this. The captor is like the devil. Always wanting you to be his salves. The couple, may be even me or you who is reading. The rich man, is liken to God. God wants us to be free and not be a salve to the devil. However, it's a choice given to us, if we want to get caught again or to be free.

I really am thankful to my Pastor, for such revelations. I am even more thankful to God for raising such a wonderful pastor. Above these, I am thankful to God for being such a wonderful saviour and friend to me. Nothing could say how much I love Him. Actions will speak for itself... :)

I give my heart and all unto God. I do not want to hurt Him anymore. I will want to consecrete myself to God and to do what He wants me to do. I am still human but I will do my very best, not to hurt Him anymore. Jesus, I can't promise anything. Not that I do not want to make commitments. I am weak, but You, are strong. I am poor, but You are rich. I do not want to lie but I need Your strength to help me lead a life full of Your presence and to have victory over sin. I want to love You, until the end of time. Please forgive me for all that I had done. Help me and deliver me from these bondages... It's for me, that You have come... to set me free... :) I am Yours!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home