a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Waiting on the Lord...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Waiting on the Lord...

I am really encouraged and uplifted by the message of this year’s Bible School best preacher. The message he preached is really uplifting and encouraging.

First and foremost, I have graduated from Bible School since the year of 2003 and, through God’ grace, went on to the second year in 2004. Once again, though my walk back then was neither that stable nor strong, God helped me through and I graduated from Bible School last year and it’s been exactly a year since I graduated from Bible School.

Since then, I have been looking forward longingly and eagerly to be use mightily by God. I wanted to CONQUER the WORLD for Jesus Christ! I had dreams and visions of wanting to do MIGHTY exploit for the Kingdom of God!

However, since a year ago till now, I met with different challenges in life and had fallen many a times. In the midst of these tough and difficult times, I still experienced God. Even though, there were times when I wanted to give up my walk with God, wanted to escape from things around me, greatly disappointed in things happening in my life and the worse of all is that within a span of six month, I changed a total of 4 jobs! Am going on to find another job fast!

I worked less than a month at my grandfather’s factory, one month with SNP, three months with Philips Electronics and two months or less, with APCCO. Can anyone get more discouraged? This aside, I was facing the challenge of my walk with God, my “status” in cell group and personal struggles. Struggles with low self-esteem, fear of rejection, self-control, anger, security and even faced challenges with my family members… Oh yes, not forgetting my finances and the pressures applied to almost every section of my life. Can anyone get more depressed when they faced these pressures?

Problems hitting hard on me in my personal walk, home, cell group, ministry, career and finances… What can go more wrong?

However, thanks and PRAISE be unto God. That He is faithful and never a man that He should lie! Through the entire year, I have grown to be more mature than before. I learnt to rely on God and be hungrier for Him. I learnt to lean upon His strength and depended on Him more than ever.

As a result of these trials, testing, tough and difficult times, I managed to overcome a problem which I have faced for the past 14 years. A type of bondage which tied me down and one which I longed and desired to forsake! Glory be unto God!

Besides overcoming the bondage and breaking free from it, I am now more confident of my self when speaking to people. I realized that I am able to encourage people greatly and motivate them effectively! I also realized that I am closer to my parents and siblings compared to my “old” self.

I realized that I had that courage to speak out what I feel and really want in life. I also realized that communication is the way of life! I also realized that I need to be secure of who I am and what skills I possess, not get so easily jealous of what others have. I also begin to realize that whatever I have, it all belongs to God and God alone. I have nothing in the world but was given the task to manage my life well, so that I can account to Him.

I also realized that waiting to be used by God is an attitude. My attitude was very lousy and I need to change that! I realized that when I walk a life of purity, God will really speak and reveal things to me.

Yes, life is tough and difficult but in all these things I find something greater and valuable than silver or gold. That is the experience with God!  


The Bible School student was preaching on a simple passage on David facing Goliath. Before David went on to war, he did not take on Saul’s armor or sword. What David took was only a catapult and took five pebbles from the stream of water. What matters most is what I am good at, not what kind of weapons to face an enemy or difficulty.

Training/ Polishing:
The pebbles which David took, was in the stream of running water for years before they were smooth enough for him to use. Just as the pebbles David took, God wants us to be polished in our character, attitude and experience before He could use us effectively. We can be trained to reign with Christ!

Patience:
Noticed something? When David picked up the pebbles, he did not use the pebbles immediately. What he did was to place them into his pouch. Just as the pebbles were placed into the pouch, God will not use us immediately when we are trained and polished.

Draw close to God:
The pouch is the next closest thing that David had on his body. Just as the pebbles were kept in the pouch, we are to stay close to God and be in His Presence all the time. It’s not only be in the Presence of God when it’s Sunday or service time. It’s all the time!

Fellowship:
Inside this pouch of David, there was not only one pebble. There were a total of five pebbles. This speaks of fellowship! There is a need to fellowship with one another, yes, even with cell group members! If there are people who are fellow Bible School students of the same batch, we ought to stay in touch with each other and keep a watch for one another!

God’s timing:
How many pebbles did David use to kill Goliath? Bible says that David used a pebble to kill Goliath. How about the remaining four pebbles? First and foremost, when David used the first pebble, he did not expect to fail or miss the target. Just as God launches a person; either a young man or a woman, He will guide their ways in the journey. It’s not about the destination! The destination is fixed and planned by God! Secondly, the rest of the remaining four pebbles are used for other purposes. Though it may not be used for killing giants, it certainly is used for God’s divine purpose!

Therefore, even though as I look at others and compared them to myself, I find myself a huge failure. I mean, you saw what was written earlier on how my life went for this entire year. It’s really a disaster! However I know that this Word, is given by God! Yes, I may not be a giant slayer pebble but I am definitely in God’s divine plan! Others may go before me but God have a future and hope for me, a plan which will be for the good and not for evil. He is not a man that He should lie for ALL THING WORKS TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD to those who loves Him!

Therefore, if you’re feeling like the whole world’s crumbling on you, I’d encourage you to seek God. The time when you feel least like worshipping or praising God is the time when your prayers are most precious to Him.

Joshua 1: 9
Therefore, be strong and be of very good courage!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com