a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Thoughts, events that happened and requests...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Thoughts, events that happened and requests...

Yes, you’ve not seen wrongly. Indeed, things have been going on in my life. I’ve got a couple of good news to share over here, some thoughts and lastly, prayer requests today. I do earnestly seek for your prayers, especially if you’re a Christian. Other than that, I guess it’s alright.

Anyway, I don’t know what’s wrong with me today but I felt really happy especially today! I’m not sure why but there is a sense of EXPECTANCY in the air in my life. I’m really looking forward to it! I am looking forward to a breakthrough from this week on!

You see, I was not so excited a couple of weeks ago. I felt that there’s no point in celebrating my birthday and that I am going to turn 28 soon. Gosh! I’m feeling so young at heart but I am getting on with age. I mean… I’m sure you know what I mean. I feel like wanting to stay this way all these while but if I were to stay playful in heart, I’d never learn how to think in a mature way, compared to those who are around my age.

Anyway, it is written that God will turn our mourning into dancing. So… Nah! Please pardon me. I would like to crap today. Yes, my situation is not as bad as mourning as I’m still alive but I do honestly, felt that way then.

Last week Friday, I don’t know what happened to me but I experienced nose bleeding, twice in a day. I guess it’s due to the fact that I have been keeping late nights of late and that I overworked myself? Anyway, I was kind of shocked when I saw blood flowing out. Also, Eve was there when I bled.

Alright, shall not talk about what happened on Saturday and Sunday. However, I have good news!

I felt led to invite some of my colleagues to Church today and I went ahead with the invitation. Yi Xiang and Desmond did not mind coming. Yes, it’s not really 100% confirmed that they will come but at least, they did not say no. So, there is a high possibility that they would come for this weekend’s services. Do keep them in prayer that they will come for this weekend’s services.

Oh yes! I nearly forgot about this matter… After working for sometime in my company, I realized that most people in Singapore are deaf when they are on the streets. They really choose the things that they would like to hear.

Alright, I am actually doing road-shows on the streets these couple of weeks. It’s been a wonderful experience being in this job and I also realized something about me. I actually have that ability to stay on cheerful and happy whenever I have been rejected. (All thanks to God! Without Him, I would have given up on this job.)

What I realized is that, most Singaporeans choose what they would want to hear. I am currently helping out in non-profit organization and yes, it’s very challenging and tough. Many people would just walk past me and do not even bother to spare a minute or two to listen what is happening and what I am doing. They just cared for themselves!

How can someone reply me… I’m already a member, when I am not selling any membership cards? How can one have the thing when I am helping the Children? They claim that they BOUGHT the “product”. What’s more, when I tell them I’m helping the sick and needy, they say they do not need the help. Can you imagine these? These shows that THEY ARE NOT LISTENING! Selfish!

Hey, standing out on the streets, trying to talk non-stop is a tough job! I’ve even talked till my tongue got tied and literally mumbled! Sigh… Why can’t people just stop by and listen to what I am doing and have COMPASSION on those who NEEDS help?

I really do not understand! Simply astonishing! I’m flabbergasted! I really pray that God would forgive them for they did not know what they do.

Oh yes, remember I’ve written that I really need your prayers? See, I want to be able to earn a living, to be able to support myself and even give some money to my parents. I’ve been living off them for such a long time and it’s really only fair that I ought to give them some money. However, the sad thing is that I’m actually living from hand to mouth… Rather… I’m not having enough alone, how to give to them?

Here is my prayer request;
1. That I will be successful in my career
2. That I will be able to make at least $500 per week (Considering that I have to work 10 hours per day, 6 days a week, it’s not a lot at all. On top of it, I’ve got NO FIXED PAY etc…)
3. Pray for my health. Due to the long hours of standing and heavy load on my back, I’m experiencing back aches as well as aches on my knees and ankles. I do not want to get injured again. Pray for protection upon my life.
4. I’ll meet up with the correct persons when I am on the streets. I have the favor of God and men.
5. I’ll be clearer in the direction God wants me to be in.
6. I’ll stay focused in the things God have intended for me.

I thank you in advance for praying for me. I really owe my success to you who prayed for me and you did make a difference in my life. Thank God for your prayer. Without it, I’d never be able to make it. Last but not least, let God’s name be high and lifted up. That when I seek Him FIRST, the Kingdom of God, all these things will be ADDED unto me.

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com