a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): My first... my last... My joy... my agony...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

My first... my last... My joy... my agony...

I'm filled with mixed feelings. One occasion to rejoice about and the other, which broke my heart...
I reached home at about 1800hrs after work. As I walked pass the living room into my room, my dad who was doing the ironing, told me that there's something on the sofa for me. Initially, I thought it was a letter but to my surprise, I saw a box.

When I took a closer look at the box, I realized that it was a Canon A4000 digital camera!!! I was really excited and happy that I finally have a digital camera! It's been a long while since I wanted a digital camera. This time, I have it, FOR FREE!!! Yipee!!! I really thank God for granting me the desires of my heart!

After receiving such wonderful gift from my dad, I went off to teach Calvin Koh. While on my way down, I was smiling and was really glad that God indeed blessed me with one digital camera. I have been longing to take a photo of my students and myself, so as to keep it as a momento.

Upon reaching Calvin's place, he was lazing around, watching the television. He came and opened the door for me. As usual, his siblings (4 & 5 years old) came asking me if I have sweets, the very moment I stepped into the house. His brother, went behind me to grab my bag and started to follow me while I walk towards the room, to give tuition.

Things went on as usual as I started to get Calvin to check if he has any undone work. Normally, he would have to learn spellings on tuesday (chinese) and wednesday (english). However, there was no english spelling words given by his teacher.

As a result of it, I let him do some assessments so as to gauge his memory for the things he learnt previously. Shortly, his maid came into the room to pass me the tuition fees. This time, was different from the previous times. She informed me that this will be the last lesson with Calvin. I was rather shocked and sad upon knowing this piece of news.

In my mind, there was a battle going on. One side, I was concerned about the building fund but I do not know why but there was another voice. It spoke to me that God will make a way and He will provide. I was glad but sad as I will not be able to fellowship and teach Calvin anymore.

Soon, his parents came home. After the lesson, I prayed for him, that God will do a work in his life and that God will show him that He is true and will never fail.Before I left, his mum spoke to me and told me the reason why she wants me to stop teaching him.

The reason was really simple and I agreed with her. Calvin is really too dependant upon me and he only does his work whenever I am there or when his parents wants him to do so. He will wait for people to provide answers and will rely upon those who can give him solutions. It took his mum sometime and it was about 2029hrs when I left their place.

He cried while his mum scolded him. I know how he must have felt. I was there and been in his shoes before too. I was like him when I was young. Before I went home, I talked to him and gave him a hug. I don't want him to feel condemned and unloved. The way his mum scolded him, it really felt as if she does not love him at all; but I understand how she feels. I explained to him... I really do not know if he understands but I really pray with all my heart that he will understand.

If God's willing, I hope that there will be a change in his attitude and who knows, I'll be back teaching him again?

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com