a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): My reflection...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

My reflection...

Last Saturday was very hectic. From the start of work all the way till the end, I was running here and there. Thank God for the help of Corrine, Christina, Vincent and Winnie, if not, things will not have run on well. I guess by the time I get to serve any customer, it would have been too late for me to do anything.

I really thank God that I still have the strength and energy to run to and fro; from counter all the way to the store. Imagine this, no time for breakfast, any drinks no toilet break. If it’s not God who helped, who else? I doubt I could do it by my own strength.

After the crowd cease due to closing, I felt very weary; really tired and fatigue creeps into my being. It’s been after such long time since I felt such weariness. After work, I went on to Serangoon, to meet up with JJ for service.

While on my way there, JJ called up and… He woke me up from my rest. Arrgghhh!!! How I wish that he did not call up. Anyway, I forgive him.

Both JJ and I were supposed to meet up at 3.15pm at the bus-stop at Serangoon but both of us were late. We missed the first bus to Church but managed to get the second wave bus. While waiting, we met up with Rickson, Charis and some other cell members.

I met up with Alvin on the bus. Alvin was my classmate during bible school days, back in 2003. He’s a very good singer whose pitch is very high. I was rather surprised when I knew that HuiPing, my ex-secondary school classmate, is his girlfriend! Wow!!! What can I say? HuiPing is a very sweet girl with great personality while Alvin’s a wonderful guy with great attitude! Another match made by God, in Heaven!

While talking to Alvin, I could sense that either he’s a leader or that he’s going to be a leader soon. After talking to him, he revealed to me that he’s now leading a cell group. I’m really happy for him. Something hit me when he broke the news that he’s now a leader. I remembered what Pastor Meng said before during my days in Bible school back in 2003. He said that many of us in the class will become a leader. I’m sure it’s not by my own memory. I believe God is speaking directly to me…

I still remember what Pastor Joshua told me before our graduation. He prophesied that I would be a cell leader by June but… I guess It’s not because of God’s fault nor the accuracy of his prophesy. It’s my own attitude. I’ve been extremely slacked in my walk and my life!

Yes, I’ve always wanted to be a leader. It’s not a desire just because of the respect or the tag that I’m after. It’s the desire to want to grow people into a man/ woman who love God so much that they will go all out. Be radical and bold for the sake of the gospel. However, I’ve not been one myself.

I’ve been reflecting upon myself after what Alvin told me. I believe it’s a season for me. He told me that in just about 3 months, if I want, I can also be one too.

Come to think of it, yes, I am already trained in the word of God etc… Two years of Bible school. By right, I am should be one but I guess… It all goes down to my own attitude. *sob*

My attitude determines my altitude – A.R Bernard

Everyone have the ability to choose to be a success in life or to be a failure – Rev Kong Hee

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home