a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Unexpected Sunday

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Unexpected Sunday

Initiaully I thought it was going to be a fine day for today. Plans were to meet up with Ron, JingJing and Rickson to go cell, after cell group, head down to meet some SOT ex-classmates.

Cell group was supposed to start on 1530hrs and I was supposed to meet up with the rest of the ex-classmates in SOT for a gathering at 1730hrs but... Something happened on the way...

It was afternoon by the time I woke up. (Alright, I know it's late but I need more rest than before. So, I took a longer rest today) Ron called me up and wanted to meet up for cell group. Decided to meet him up at 2pm but I was late.

This was what happened...
I don't know why but my siblings and parents were packing up the entire house. They shifted everything here and there. In the end, my room looked like a storeroom instead of the actual storeroom. I was really pretty unhappy with the fact that they literally threw almost everything into my room. What is this? Come on man! My room ain't any dumping ground! It's where I worship God and where I rest. How could they do this to me?

In the end, I attempted to pack up my entire room and was late to meet up with Ron. I was actually about 30mins late when I met Ron.

However late I was, both Ron and myself were not late. Oh yes! I forgot Rickson had went for make-up cell a couple of days back and that JingJie is not feeling well. In the end, only Ron went with me for cell group.

When we reached John's place, it was about 3pm. Cell was supposed to be at 3:30pm. So I surfed the net for a moment while Ron and John were watching tv programs. (I had a hard time connecting to John's internet as his wireless network was not working well. After sometime of troubleshooting, it was repaired.)

Before the time hit 1530hrs, three other cell members turned up. Awesome! I thought it's going to start on time but when it hit 1530hrs, the rest were still not at John's place.

As the time ticks on, it hit about 1630hrs. Then, slowly, one by one came in and took their own sweet time in getting themselves settled. The "best" was that Derek, CherSiew, Charis and some others were talking amongst themselves while Sister Gillian were practising with ChangChin, the praise and worship.

When time hits about 1730hrs, they were still talking and did not draw near to cell even when Sister Gillian asked them to gather around. It was after sometime that they really settled down and got to Sister Gillian. It's real sickening!!! Seriously, I think they have problems getting orders around. What is this?

From what I've learnt from Bible school, this is not respecting others! What in the world are they doing? Seems to me there's no discipline or respect for fellow members! I'm really put off by these actions.

By the time cell starts, it's already 1800hrs! Gosh!!! it's a wait for a whole 3hours!!! Waste of time and I'm LATE in meeting my SOT ex-classmates.

By the time everything ended, it was about 1900hrs. Sister Gillian asked me to wait for awhile as she wanted to speak to me. Yes, She was spot on when she prayed for me but I am really unhappy with the entire late issue.

Although I was late but I was never that late at all.

Meanwhile, my phone rang and SMSes kept coming in. Phyllis, Simon, Albert and Andy tried to contact me for the SOT outing but they could not reach me. I've let them down... In the end, I was the latest to turn up in the outing.

The entire outing was great even though some of them back out last minute. I enjoyed myself in the outing and was really stuffed up with the wonderful food. Yes, although it was a day with mixed feelings but I enjoyed my week, fellowshipping with SOT mates.

We talked about our days in Bible school etc... Simon mentioned an issue about "missions" and reminded me of someone who... ermm... surprised me when she spoke to me out of the blue. (Yes, I was very glad that she spoke to me and that we are good friends even we don't speak to each other much. She's now a leader.)

Simon asked me if I was interested in her or that she was interested in me. Seriously speaking, if she is to be interested in me, I'd have gone for her! Yes, I was interested and still am interested in her... Just that... She's now a leader while I'm not... =(

Well, I guess God knows wht He is preparing me for... I really and seriously need to reflect on myself and start doing what I am to do... I want to... Start to pressure me to reach up for higher goals... To be a leader! =D

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home