a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): My Christmas 2005

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Christmas 2005

Man, it’s been sometime since I’ve updated my blog. I’m sorry that I’ve yet updated the “latest” updates of myself… Yes, there were many holidays and I have been jobless for a number of days. Although I have not had much money to spend like you but I was really glad to be jobless… (At least during the time of Christmas)

You see, I was so glad that I was able to spend time with my family members during this season. Even though most of the time spent was on sleep, I was glad! This time, I felt really sure that I was enjoying the relationship in my family members and was able to talk much more to them. Of course, I do pray with all my heart and strength that I would be able to reach out to them in a more efficient way!

Oh yes, in case I forgot about this testimonial about the faithfulness of God. All of us, who are Christians, will know that God is ever faithful and never late nor is He ever early. He’s always ON TIME! Amen?

You see, on the 23rd Dec, I wrote a sermon on tithing on a website, to Christians who raised questions regarding tithing. I took a lesson from “Getting Started”, which Pastor Kong wrote, and began to preach about it and expound a little on it. God is faithful! Within 24hours, I had a miracle!

You see, I was jobless for close to 2 weeks and I was wondering where will there be money for me to fulfill my building fund. After writing the sermon back then, I prayed and begun to ask God to do what He had said in His Word in Malachi 3: 10-12.

On the 24th Dec, morning, shortly after I woke up, I met my dad (who was then painting my sister’s room). Upon seeing me, he asked if I am going out later part of the day. I replied “yes” and the next thing I knew, was that he went to the living room to take some cash and passed it over to me.

I was rather surprised in a sense because my dad would never give me more than $100 on a normal day or even on such days. However, when he passed the cash over to me, I was surprised to see that there was $200! (Please note that my dad do not give that amount of money regularly. Unless it is Chinese New Year, if not, he would have never given that amount at all!)

Anyway, I really want to witness and testify of God’s goodness! Surely, whatever He said, will certainly come to pass. Even when it’s a little thing like fulfilling a promise which I have said to Him! If He’s said it, He will make sure that it will certainly come to pass!

Truthfully, I was rather happy that God came true for me. However, when I reached Church (at Expo) I gave a tithe of that $200 but kept the rest. (I should have given to the building fund but do hear me out.)

I kept the money because I do not want to take things for granted. In fact, I was a little afraid that my dad would ask me to return the money when I got home. (I got home at around 1130pm on 24th Dec.) So, it’s just for “safety” reasons.

Oh yes, I also want to share about this! While everyone was out on the streets, celebrating Christmas and doing countdowns, I was at home, fellowshipping with God. It’s the best time given to God.

You see, I was suppose to go for functions and could have even joined R, R, JJ and etc out doing what we did last year but I felt that I ought to stay home to seek the Lord. What is precious to me, is also precious to God. I’m sure that He knows I truly love Him with all I have!

This year’s Christmas drama was pretty great! Aside from the normal Christmas Drama we’ve had for the past couple of years, this year’s theme and story for Christmas was great! I’ve enjoyed myself during this season and am touched by the entire drama! If you want to watch it, you too, can watch Christmas Land 2005 here! Just click Christmas Land 2005 and it’ll show up in your windows Media player.

Last but not least, what did I really want for Christmas? Well, simple, yet hard to get… I want Jesus to increase in my life for Christmas!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com