a My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing): Encounters, Experiences and Self Evaluation...

My Walk with God - 2005 - (Moulding & testing)

A daily record of events that happened in my life or things that were brought to my mind and thus recorded. This site is to help me rememeber events and goals. How I used my time; my walk with God; my perspective in life, friends and family members... This blog also serves as a reflection of myself and what I have been wanting/ struggling with/ yearning for/ my up's and down's of life. Do sit back and walk this journey on how I walk life with FAITH and HONESTY with God.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Encounters, Experiences and Self Evaluation...

What a week with God! God is indeed a GOOD God and that He KNOWS EVERYTHING in our lives! Yes, He knows even what you think or need even BEFORE you knew what you need or will think about! Yes, even the thoughts and details of things which you've never thought you'll think of too!

The past couple of days have been one which I’d term it as an adventure and fruitfulness. From Tuesday till Wednesday then to Thursday, to Friday then to Saturday’s service, all the way till today, it’s been one which opened up my eyes and mind!

Although I’ve been tied up with work and miscellaneous stuffs but my walk with God was really exciting and so real! I’m really glad too as well because by the GRACE and MERCY of God, I’ve been able to walk a week, free from what I was tied to, the past couple of weeks. I am really glad that I am able to present myself pure before God this week!

Although there were many events the past couple of days BUT its nonetheless, great days! It’s a time where I felt I walked the closest with God.

First, on Tuesday, I had an encounter with God when I started fasting for 12 hours. Wednesday, I fasted for another 12 hours. I really want to have a change in my life and I do not want to be the same! I have come to God with problems and I want to KICK AWAY one habit! One very bad habit but till then, I wasn’t able to overcome it. (I WILL overcome it! "Greater is He, who is IN ME, than he, who is in the world")

God is GOOD! When I fasted, He gave me the strength and energy to last through. Besides that, He is faithful and just! He preserved me all these while! Then something happened at home.

Sometime back, my parents began to change the “settings” of the living room and they went on changing the “FengShui” of the entire house, except my room! Anyway, something strange and interesting happened. If I did not remember wrongly, I’ve written something about it before. If I never, then, I should tell it now…

Some weeks back, they changed the “FengShui” of the entire living room. Interestingly, it was about the same time when I wanted to be serious with God. Back then, I was doing a lot of funny stuffs. I went back to my old ways BUT GOD gave Pastor Kong the words to speak/ preach and it ministered to me. Shortly, Rev Mike came along and I felt ministered by the Word and the move of the Holy Spirit.

I had been waging warfare in the Spiritual atmosphere in my family. When I began to pray stronger than before, things began to change. Interestingly, I saw some changes in behavior in, first my sister, then my parents. However, this change was not something which I’d want to see…

I remember clearly that it’s during the deliverance time that they started behaving strangely. This was especially evident whenever I stood in front of the altar, using Olive oil to sprinkle upon them, casting them in Jesus’ name. What happens was that after I’m done… My sister would keep looking at the altar whenever she passes by, and clean it every now and then. This is really freaky! YIKES!!!

I must engage into a more intense and fierce warfare in the house. I cannot and God will not allow the evil one to come and destory my love ones. (I am not being Super spiritual. If you witness it yourself of what is going on, you'll know what I really mean)

Besides that, cell group on Friday was one which I will not forget! During cell, the entire atmosphere was not good at all. It began with the prayer meeting. It was like so weak and so dry in the prayer meeting. ChangChin was like constantly trying to bash through the atmosphere. Maybe it was due to the fact that he’s to lead the prayer meeting and thus…

Even when Sister Gillian came into the cell and “wrap” up the prayer meeting, the entire atmosphere was really strange and odd!

The Praise was not really good as everyone seems to be distracted and there wasn’t a sense of unity within the cell. It certainly wasn’t a nice feeling at all. However, during Worship, things began to change. The entire atmosphere began to change for the better. When worshippers of God began to bow down on knees and lifting hands to worship God and focus upon Jesus, that’s when God will move within the cell group.

I felt the touch of heaven! It’s really cool and amazing! What I’ve experienced on Tuesday’s prayer meeting was also experienced there and then! This time, in a greater way and the duration was longer session.

When it was time to exercise Spiritual gifts, we waited upon God. Finally, when it was time for us to give a word of encouragement, God gave me a burden; the burden of passion for the lost and felt most of them are losing the zeal and love for God and the cell group. I really want to see something done in the cell group. I want to pray harder and longer for the cell; to see a breakthrough in the cell group!

After I’ve said my part, Sister Gillian, too felt the same way and encouraged the cell not to give up on reaching out to the lost and lose the passion for God. When I heard these, I was really encouraged as it’s in the will of God and that I’ve not gone to the wrong direction.

On Saturday, the Word from Sy Rogers was really great! He shared so much that I’d really hope that Brenda was there to listen to what was preached. I really hope that one day, she’d be in God’s will; to have the correct type of attractions instead of what she is now.

Actually, there wasn’t much on Saturday but the number of people attending service from cell was really discouraging. Why am I so concerned about numbers? People count! Everyone is precious in the sight of God and even if one day, Peter were to fall away from God, I’d feel the same too.

Right now, Calvin Chan, HaoJun, Makus, Rodney, Karen, Elina, GuiSheng, Adora, Desmond, Sherman, Jasmine, LiYing etc, who once were regular, did not even turn up for service. Yes, they may say that they are Christians but how can one be when they are not in fellowship or in the House of God anymore? How can one say that they belong to a certain citizenship when they are not even aware of the things happening in their own lands?

Sunday was really awesome! I went for Foundational Truth Bible Study with QiuPing. Initially, I felt that it was a complete waste of time and was thinking of not attending it. However, I felt challenged and there’s a need for me to go as well. I really thank God that I went!

Although the things preached were more or less the same, but I was glad as God reveals some other things into my life, to speak to my situations. Even when I was on my way to Church, I was listening to Sy Roger’s CD. It was such a blessing! I really thank God for His people and the media He uses. It’s really a blessing to me especially when the Word preached was something which I’ve been longing for a long time!

I do not confess that I know or understand the ENIIRE counsel of God nor do I boast that I know the depth, height, width or length of God’s Grace and Mercy but I am SURE that it’s more than enough for me! If it’s more than enough for me, why is it not enough for you, who is reading my blog?

There is a longing in every single heart. Everyone have a need of ACCEPTANCE, ACCOUNTABILITY and AFFIRMATION.

What did I think I went or do wrong for the week? (In thoughts or actions)

Self Reflection:
Actually, I feel that I was rather proud and felt insecure about the things I face. I was actually unhappy with the Sister Gillian as she chose ChangChin instead of me. Also, I doubted if it was God’s intention for me to go Bible school. If it’s not, why did I go through it all?

Sometimes I feel that I’ve been overlooked by people and that I’m just an ordinary member in the cell; maybe, will someday turn into wall paper together as time goes by. God forbid it to happen!

God is really interesting! When I was thinking about these questions, He listens! When I am done with asking, He replies! I’m really astounded by God’s knowledge and how He answers me.

I am not able to change from level one to level ten because if I do so, I’d be like a plant without roots. Also, the Children of Israel did not possess the Promised Land the moment they came out of Egypt! God told them that if He did so, the beast of the fields will, in turn possess the lands if He were to allow it. Likewise, if I were to grow to a Spiritual giant, I have to take it step by step; allowing my roots to sink into the Word of God first then to grow higher. If I were to step into leadership now, then I’d not have the ability to do what a GOOD leader would do!

While chatting with Hazel via MSN, she said something which really enlightens my mind more. In the midst of conversation, she said “I remember someone once said that... your ministry will only go as far as your character can bring u.” That’s it! I really need to have an URGENCY to build up my character and stop behaving like a baby!

Email me: calvin.othniel@gmail.com